To those who follow us on social media, these little “surprises” may sound familiar. For the rest of you
wonderful people, here lies the confession that I really have abandoned the
last shred of my dignity: I made a hashtag in Twitland. *so much
shame* I had such noble oaths (once the little pound signs
were explained to me) that I would never become one of Those People. At least it wasn’t a big fall. Does it make it any better if searching for
my own hashtag only finds two of them – even the internet is embarrassed for me…
|Yes, I even make stupid faces while driving tractors|
After I began living at the farm, though, it didn’t take long for these little moments unique to home horse-keeping to pop up. Even those which elicited “not-family-friendly” exclamations made me laugh knowing that I was not likely the first (nor the last) to have the experience (with no small bit of incredulity, as in “was I really that stupid again!?). What choice did I have, really, for sharing on the go? (justification!) And so the tag was born.
For my pasture-mowing peers, both newly-minted and counting-the-decades, I know you KNOW. I think we can all learn something (in most cases, “Don’t do that.”).
I present for your entertainment (and as a gift, corrected for the horrific grammar that is cruelly forced on me by that 120 character limit):
|But...teh pretteh...can't go inside|
- Yay! When you forget to take off your half chaps & spurs, you just leave them at back door for next time!
- Doh! My self-draining hose setup DOES work. And can siphon 1/2 the tank before I notice if I forget to remove the hose.
- 0.o That "simple" project in your head that you can "quickly" cobble together? Just don't.
- Oops. Put on work uniform fleece AFTER throwing am hay.
- Yay! Your horses always appear at the gate when you come out the back door-it might be feeding time!
|Wear real shoes to kick|
- Oh, hai, neighbour’s excavator driving past my living room!
- Oops. Right when you think you’re a tractor badass, you get the drag caught on your tape fence. :/
- A good hose quick-connect is THE SHIT.
- You never go inside on a pretty night. "Just one more thing!"
- Never say "They won't go anywhere, they'll just eat grass." :/
- You can hike a 3-acre pasture in slippers. In the dark.
- Once you start pulling dead plants from along a fenceline, you can't stop. So...hungry...
|Low: You DO need it!|
- That moment you realize you don’t even have to put on pants to feed. Note: did not practice. But i could.
- You never knew how much you needed the tractor...till it was gone.
- You are late for work...because you get stuck staring out your windows at the awesome.
- You can't kick a 3-pt hitch very hard in flip flops.
- Oh, that’s what low gear is for!
- Feeling shitty? Move your chair.
- Going to a clinic and I don’t even have to start the truck! #greatneighbors
- You're not really bush-hogging ‘til you bend a fencepost with the loader. #Fml
|A good chair view = therapy|
Share what you've
screwed up discovered –
maybe I can avoid a future *facepalm* or two, my head is getting sore!