|God spake to me...and I could not look upon his holy face.|
Well, aren't you a lucky little fangirl!! In the spirit of relaxing over the holiday weekend, for those of us who can't access FEI TV (or don't want to), I have collected, in chronological order, our
I also wanted to share with more recent readers some earlier parts of this wild journey. I'm sure you are spending every free moment catching up on the 500+ posts since August of 2009 (where's that font again?), but in the meantime, I set the time machine in motion. Encore & I may appear fearless & quasi-competent at times (usually when no one is looking), but those moments are built on the foundation of 1,000 stumbling blocks of trial-and-error that Solo, my un-erringly brave & accidental partner, made with me.
Have no fear, I am unoffended if you point & laugh. I do (at myself, past AND present).
|The only Olympic-quality ride Solo ever got|
Ian Stark - Summer 2007
(Yes, I was afraid to canter my horse in an arena because he misplaced that gait. He only had trot & gallop...except on the trail. I'll let you guess how humbling it is after 20 years of riding, to finally have a horse & be afraid to canter it. And yes, I did try to make an eventing legend wear my sweaty helmet. I failed. Then Solo nearly dumped him. Thank cod my horse did not gain infamy as The Killer Of Ian Stark. *horror*)
- The Lead-In
- Day 1: Dressage, aka Public Embarrassment
- Day 2: Stadium Jumping & Redemption
- Day 3: Cross Country or The Point Of No Return: Solo Finds His Calling
I Finally Get To Meet God
Jimmy Wofford - Fall 2008
He only whacked my horse on the ass with his baseball cap once...
|Becky has not convinced Solo that dressage has merit|
Becky Holder - Fall 2010
- Dressage Day: Getting Seriously Serious
- Gymnastic Jumping Day: What Do You Mean I Have More Than One Body Part??
- Cross Country Day: Pride Goeth Before The...Do I Even Have To Say It?
|Ok, he can jump|
Camp Becky Holder - 10 Days of Spring Training, 2013
- Day 1: Arrival At The Magic Kingdom
- Day 2: Discovering The Outside Rein, It Only Took 30 Years (Literally)
- Day 3: Holy Gymnastics, Batman
- Day 4: Cross Country...Sans Equine Brain
- Day 5: One Of The Most Valuable Lessons Of My Life: Effective Long-Lining (IZ HARD!)
- Day 6: Cross Country II...Drops Are Not Chasms, Encore!
- Day 7: The Three Commandments Of Dressage
- Day 8: A Day Of Rest & Gratitude
- Day 9: Creating Adjustability - Experiments In Human Shoulder Detachment
- Day 10: Stadium Jumping & Putting It All Together
- An Afterward: General Lessons & Hero Worship
A Scotsman Started The Fire, An Irishman Throws A New Log In The Flame
Eric Smiley - Summer 2013
- Day 1: You Thought You Knew The Basics. You Don't.
- Day 2: Stadium Jumping & Taking Responsibility
- Day 3: The Best Cross Country Lesson I've Ever Had...And It Was Indoors?
|Encore's 1st Training course (Fall 2013)|
And not least of all, thank you to my mother, to Jim, to our amazing friend, Beth, and to the
For that, I consider myself lucky indeed.